Saturday 4 August 2007

Stormy!!

Hello everyone at home i've only got a couple of mins.
We are now here safe and well, took a long time with a lot of delays but we got here last night. The guesthouse is great but as I write this in a local shopping centre it is pelting down with rain and thunder is crashing above me!!! We were at a market this morning, which was an experience!! We went to get money changed and watched as Robinson and Norman tried a bit of bartering, which failed miserably, but we feel rich now with ugandan money!!But at least Rachel got a new bag so it was worth it!

It was a total culture shock to me as the bus took us through the city yesterday, much much different to what I'd expected. Everyone was out on the streets cooking food and the driving is to say the least interesting.

We got here with a few hitches, the stay on the floor of Dubai airport was unforgettable and when we arrived here in Uganda, we had problems getting the bags of equipment and supplies through. Scott got all of it throughy in the end apart from some medical supplies. Also, Stevies suitcase did not arrive so I've had to lend him all my northern ireland tops because he refused to wear my chelsea ones!!! At the moment we are all in a shopping centre, Laura is downstaris in the supermarket with Rachel and Jackie buying biscuits for some reason.

Tomorrow church is at 8.00 am we are going to the international church and then we are going away for the day after that. Everyone is well, Gwen was a bit sick while travelling yesterday but she is fine today. I must go as Moses, the bus driver is picking us up at 2.30 Don't know when I'll get to a computer again but when I do I'll bring my camera in and get a few pictures uploaded and even if it 's a few days I'll write stuff down to update you all.
Hope all is well back home in our wee country.

2 comments:

J. McI. said...

Dear Dougie,
C'mon, where have you hidden Steven's Man Utd shirts??!

Glad you've all arrived safe, hope Gwen is better.

God bless
Jacqueline

David & Ann Vance said...

Dear Dougie,
Glad to hear you all arrived safely and took all our rain with you.
Tell Geoffrey that both Man Utd and Northern Ireland lost in the finals of the Milk Cup but at least Utd. beat Chelsea in the Community Shield.

You are all constantly in our thoughts and prayers.
David, Ann & Lyndsay